To try to encourage the snow to come, I made this Snowman Shepherd's Pie! It looks really cute, and it's super easy to make! You'll impress everyone who sees it, but it takes practically no time at all.
Snowman Shepherd's Pie
Adapted From Taste of Home
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used extra-lean, but you could sub regular or even ground turkey!)
- 1 package gravy, prepared
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced (plus a couple extra pieces for "noses")
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup peas, plus about 1/4 cup extra for decorating
- 2 cups of prepared mashed potatoes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef until fully cooked. Drain and return to pan. Add vegetables and continue cooking for about 5 minutes. Add gravy and ketchup, stirring to coat.
Transfer beef mixture into an 8x8 inch baking dish. Create snowmen by using one tablespoon for each head and three tablespoons for each body. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Once Shepherd's Pie is done cooking, press the peas into the potatoes for "eyes" and "buttons" and the carrot pieces in for "noses". You can add some ketchup "scarves" if you want, too! Serve and enjoy!