Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mini Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

A cookie inside of a cookie...


What's not to love? Well, when I first saw the original recipe on Picky Palate, I thought that they looked fantastic but they were just so big. Well, when I saw these cookies, a mini version of the originals, I couldn't put it off any longer.

The first time I made them, I couldn't find mini oreos, so I cut some big ones in half, but the second time, when I found the mini ones, they were SO much better! Oreos are my favorite "store-bought" cookie, and chocolate chip cookies are my favorite "home-made" cookie, so I get the best of both worlds when I eat these!


Mini Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Slightly adapted from Picky Palate
Makes 2-3 dozen cookies
  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 bag mini Oreos
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until thoroughly combined.

In a separate bowl, mix the baking soda, salt and flour. Slowly add to the butter mixture, stirring until fully combined. Add in chocolate chips.

Take a small scoop of cookie dough and place on a greased cookie sheet. Place one mini Oreo on top, then cover with another small cookie dough ball. Using your fingers, pinch the edges together, then roll into a ball using your hands. Follow these steps for the remaining dough.

Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8-11 minutes.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily