Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Food of France: Part One

My posts are going to be a little on and off over the next couple of weeks - because I'm on vacation in France! This week, my family is staying in a villa in the south of France, then next week we're off to Paris!

I'm going to try to post some of the food I'm eating here, and today I'm going to start with the delicious French macarons that I had yesterday.


These are the more traditional French macaron, the ones that you've probably seen in stores (I've even heard that they're being called "the new cupcake"). They're very cute and colourful, and they come in lots of flavours (the ones above are chocolate, pistachio and lemon...yum!). 


The other type of macarons that I bought were the St. Emilion kind. I had never seen these before, but I liked them even better than the other ones! These are only made in St. Emilion, which is a town in France that we visited, and it's beautiful. It has lots of old architecture, and cobblestone streets. 


These are little cookies made from just almonds, sugar and egg whites. They are so good! The recipe dates back to the 1600s! Yum! I definitely recommend trying them.




Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily