Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Jack-O-Lantern Quesadilla

Can you believe that Hallowe'en is almost here? I can't! It seems like October has flown by. It won't be long before my house is filled with fun-sized chocolate bars...one of the great things about having a little sister is being able to steal her Hallowe'en candy!

In preparation for Hallowe'en, I've wanted to make a few "spooky" recipes. There are so many great Hallowe'en recipes out there (just check out my Pinterest board!) and they're so easy to make!



This past weekend, I made these Jack-O-Lantern Quesadillas. They're so adorable, and kids will love them (I know my sister did!). I made these with just cheese, but feel free to add whatever other fillings you like! Black beans would be good - they would take the Hallowe'en theme to the next level by making them black and orange!

These quesadillas would make a perfect Hallowe'en lunch or pre-trick-or-treating dinner. Whenever you choose to make them, they will be enjoyed by everyone!



Jack-O-Lantern Quesadillas
Makes one single-serving quesadilla

  • 2 small tortillas (I used whole-wheat, but use whatever you have on hand)
  • 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • additional fillings of your choice
Preheat broiler.

Using a sharp knife, shape the top of the tortillas into a "stem" shape for the pumpkin.

On one of the tortillas, cup out a jack-o-lantern face. You can make it spooky, silly, happy...whatever you like!

Sprinkle the cheese over the uncut tortilla, and place the "face tortilla" over top. Put quesadilla on a foil-lined baking sheet and place under broiler for 4-6 minutes, until cheese is melted.



Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily